Namaskar!!!

Welcome to the world of a dreamer. Hope you enjoy the read and please leave a feedback to make it better. Thanks for visiting my world.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

One Minute Victory



A voice said, One Two Three shoot... 3 guys started running and after 3 mins 4 people where carrying me back to hostel. :O he he
Way back in my school, a day before the inter house obstacle race, three of my friends set to record our timings for the race. As we all started to run, the third obstacle was jumping off from a high wall. The trick was to rest our hands on the wall and then take a jump but instead to gain the lead I jumped into the air to cover as much distance as possible from the high wall and landed flat foot on the ground. The very next moment I was not able to stand on my own and fell down on the ground. The people rushed towards me and carried me to the school medical inspection room. The doctor advised me bed rest for some days and I was advised not to take part in the obstacle race the next day. The most exciting part of school was the inter house competitions and i had missed it :(. Recently last year i had a hearty laugh when my roommate who also happens to be my school mate told me that they celebrated when they got to know that I was unfit to participate in the Hurdles race competition...
The doctor asked me to get it checked with the big hospital in the city as I was not able to walk with my flat foot. I was walking only with my toes and could not touch my heels to the ground. The doctor said that I just need rest and should not put pressure on the foot for some more days.
Exactly after a month of obstacle race there was the biggest event in the school i.e athletics. We all were preparing the list of participants for each of the events. My name was given in some of the events assuming I would be fine before the athletics. I was supposed to participate in long run events and hurdles race. But I was still not well for the athletics too and I asked others to replace in the long runs. It was the day the hurdles race was supposed to happen and I asked someone else to replace me again. The captain told me that we do not have a replacement and they asked me to just go there and give it a try. I went near the hurdles and saw them, it was 1.1 mtrs high and the next moment I knew it would hurt me badly if I tried jumping it. Then arrived the hurdles event day and participants were getting warmed up for the event. I too went in there and tried running on my toes only and made sure that I never ever touch my heels to the ground. I just tried taking a jump on one of the hurdle and to my worst, my heels touched the ground and it pained like hell and I sat on the ground. My friends told me to drop the idea of running if it is going to pain. I said i will give it a try and they advised me to stop in between and skip the race in case the leg pains too much.
I stood at the starting point for the race with so much of tension because I dint know what I was going to do the very next moment. But i dint want to give up the race and I was waiting for the gun to be shot in the air to start the race. I heard the voice again shouting one and my heart started beating much faster. As soon as I heard the gun shot, I started running on my toes and jumped the first hurdle and by mistake it touched the heels again and pained. I decided not to jump the other hurdles and use my knee to make the hurdle fall and keep running. And to my luck I made all the hurdles to fall in my lane only and ran. To my disbelief I was the one who touched the finishing line first and ran a little more further because I can could not stop suddenly running on toes. I just turned back and saw all the hurdles had fallen down in my lane he he... All my house mates started running towards me to congratulate and lifted me up. This was the first sport event for which I stood first and I was so excited about it. I heard a voice saying Soooper le Krishna... It was my hostel superintendent. Then me with my friends were discussing about the final race as to what strategy to be used. I told them I would use the same strategy and use my left leg to make all the hurdles fall instead of the right leg as it was bleeding a bit after the race. The serious discussion was disturbed when someone shouted that the School registrar was coming towards us. I just thought he was coming to congratulate me. He came to me and told, nice strategy but not a good sportsman spirit. He asked me to run again. The hostel superintendent argued that the rule of the event is just to finish the run and need not jump the hurdles , the only rule is that hurdles should not be made to fall in the other's lanes else the person gets disqualified. But registrar did not agree and asked me to run again. But I was not ready again and lost the race in the second time. My victory just lasted for only one minute he he... :P

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful Krishna....keep posting :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ley... hurdles beelstiya..!! Good read man.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you tried to jump a hurdle of your height!!!

    Good try man!! I do such stuff at the time... its not bad sportsman spirit

    ReplyDelete
  4. he he he...but atleast for 1 min you felt good! Soooper le krishna :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great krish..i really liked ur blog..u have written it so well :) n this post really shows ur determination..i m ean running in such a condition...i cannot even imagine doing tht... u have always been a person of grt will power n this proves tht even more :) Keep tht up n keep up ur gud work too !!! :) All the best !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nalva: Thx superstar. U a huge inspiration in my life :)
    @RG: Thx bro... he he
    @Bharath: now u know d secret :P
    @Rahul: Thx dude... :P
    @Chandan: It was pricessless moment
    @Niki: Thx 4 all these kind words... Yipeeee :P

    ReplyDelete